Recipe: Chocolate Hemp Heart Almond Butter Cups
- Editors of FitBump
- Jan 27 2015
- 0 comments
Chocolate and peanut butter will forever be a hot couple. But when chocolate steps out on P.B. with almond butter—and invites hemp hearts, coconut and crunchy granola along, too—things get interesting fast. This twist on the venerable peanut butter cup proves just how delicious a new fling can be.
Chocolate Hemp Heart Almond Butter Cups
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup plain granola
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- Note: Feel free to add any additional ingredients that strike your fancy—such as golden raisins, goji berries or cinnamon—for a personalized flavor.
- Whisk the chocolate chips and the almond butter together in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the coconut, granola and hemp hearts and stir until incorporated.
- Place large spoonfuls of the mixture into the wells of a mini-muffin pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use a spoon to carefully remove the hardened cups from the pan and serve.