Recipe: Our Favorite Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Editors of FitBump
- Jan 26 2015
- 0 comments
Bake up a batch of our favorite vegan chocolate chip cookies—for a crowd or just for you—and watch them disappear in record time.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp. water; let mixture set before adding to batter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or almond flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. (If using a nonstick pan, no need to grease.)
- Cream the butter, light brown sugar and cane sugar. Add the flax egg and vanilla extract and beat till smooth.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, flours and cinnamon. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool cookies on a rack.