Recipe: Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- Editors of FitBump
- Feb 26 2015
- 0 comments
Peanuts are loaded with protein, help to stabilize blood sugar and are high in folate, which is great news for pregnant women. This chocolate peanut butter spread—from Erin Dooner's healthy recipe blog Texanerin Baking—is super healthy (we used antioxidant-rich dark chocolate chips) and nearly impossible not to eat all at once.
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt (if your peanuts aren’t already salted)
- Using the s-blade of your food processor, process the peanuts until creamy. At first there will be ground peanuts, then it’ll start to come together in a ball, then it’ll actually be a ball and then the ball will break down and be super creamy.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at half power, in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Add the cocoa powder and salt, if using, and pulse.
- Add the melted chocolate and pulse a few times until it’s thoroughly combined.
- I store this at room temperature so that it’ll remain nice and creamy. You could store it in the fridge if you like but it will harden quite a bit, making it difficult to spread.