Recipe: Raw Coconut Curry
- Summer Sanders
- Jul 25 2014
- 0 comments
This is one of my go-to meals. Cucumber noodles with a coconut curry sauce and some yummy toppings; that’s it! I make this in about 10 minutes and it’s so delicious. Even my meat eating husband likes it! It’s really very simple, and if you don’t have a spiralizer, a peeler works just as well.
Raw Coconut Curry
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic for a more potent taste
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (I like mine salty)
- Fresh coconut flakes
- I make a cashew coconut blend in the dehydrator with curry on it. It’s olive oil, coconut sugar, sea salt and curry powder to taste and I toss the nuts in it, then dehydrate. You could do this in the oven too at a low temp.
- Place your noodles in a bowl and set aside. In your blender, mix coconut meat, cashews, curry, garlic, coconut sugar, sea salt. Blend well. You may need some water depending on the moisture of the coconut. Add it in small amounts as you blend. The sauce should be very smooth.
- Take a look at your noodles, there may be extra water in them, go ahead and drain it. Pour the sauce onto the noodles and mix. Place into your favorite bowl and add toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Summer Sanders has long had a passion for holistic health and fitness. Growing up in Sedona, Arizona, her love of fresh foods, natural healing and fitness was nurtured by this forward thinking community. She trained at the Matthew Kenney Academy and eventually took a job as the head instructor of the online raw food educational program.
Summer now runs a whole food cleansing and health consulting company called Radiantly Raw Lifestyles. She is a certified personal trainer, weight management coach, prenatal exercise coach, and fitness nutrition specialist with National Academy of Sports Medicine. Summer splits her time between San Diego, CA and Sedona, AZ with her husband Mike. She's expecting her first child in October!