Easy Valentine's Day Dinner
- Editors of FitBump
- Feb 09 2014
- 0 comments
For moms-to-be, making a grand Valentine’s Day dinner is probably the last thing you want to be doing this Friday.
But in case you need a last minute romantic dinner here is a recipe that is so simple to throw together, but still looks impressive. By cooking salmon en papillote (or in parchment) the dish will be more flavorful and you can cook your whole meal at once.
Even better, it’s so easy that you may even be able to convince your special someone to make this dish for you while you rest your swollen feet!
Salmon with Spinach and Chickpeas
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild sockeye (5 ounces each; 1-inch thick)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fold two 12-by-17-inch pieces of parchment in half and cut into a heart shape.
- Pulse parsley, garlic, and oil in a blender or food processor until a paste forms. Season each salmon fillet with 1/8 teaspoon salt and the red-pepper flakes.
- Rub fish with paste. Divide spinach and chickpeas evenly among 4 parchment pieces, arranging mixture on 1 side of each crease to form a rectangle the size of a salmon fillet; season each pile with 1/8 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Lay 1 fillet on top of each. Fold parchment over ingredients; make overlapping pleats to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes for medium. Unwrap and serve.
Recipe adapted from Whole Living