Raw Carrot Cake
- Summer Sanders
- Jun 06 2014
- 0 comments
I’ve been coming up with some interesting and delicious sugar-free desserts. This one is particularly yummy! It’s a very simple raw carrot cake. I just shred the carrots and mix it with some great spices. I love the Raw Guru Cinnamon from Windy City Organics. I didn’t put icing on this version, but you can make a very simple icing from soaked cashews, stevia, vanilla, lemon and sea salt. Just blend to taste and get really smooth in your vitamix.
Raw Carrot Cake
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla powder
- 2 packets of stevia or 2 tablespoons of xylitol (if you’re not on a candida cleanse like this lady, sweeten with your favorite raw sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl combined carrots, almond butter, pecans, lemon juice, sweetener, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Transfer to a jar and top with more pecans or icing. ENJOY!
Summer Sanders has long had a passion for hol istic health and fitness. Growing up in Sedona, Arizona, her love of fresh food s, natural healing and fitness was nurtured by this forward thinking community. She train ed at the Matthew Kenney Academy and eventually took a job as the head instructor o f the online raw food educational program.
Summer now runs a whole fo od cleansing and health consulting company called Radiantly Raw Lifestyles. She is a certified personal trainer , weight management coach, prenatal exercise coach, and fitness nutrition specialist with National Academy of Sports Medicine. Summer splits her time between San Diego, CA and Sedona, AZ with her husband Mike. She's expecting her first child in October!